Monday, April 23, 2012

Favorite Words

Of course I loved the moments that Brody said "Mama" for the first time, or when he started calling me Mommy instead.  I even loved it when he realized my name was Kellie and listening to him try to pronounce it is pretty cute.

However, my absolute favorite words, so far, haven't been the most common ones.

There is just something cute about little kids saying things that you wouldn't expect them to say.  For instance, the first time Brody said "Bless you" when I sneezed, was absolutely the cutest most adorable thing I had ever heard him say. 

Another cute one?  When he started saying, "excuse me" when he was done eating, in order to be excused from the table, instead of just "all-done."  They taught him that one at school, but it was just such a polite thing to come out of a 2 year-old's mouth!

My newest favorite words?  "You okay Mama?"

This usually happens if I drop something, or hurt myself and yell something I probably shouldn't in front of a 2 year old (though I'm getting really good at keeping the swearing to a minimum, I still need to watch the words like "crap").

This morning, I dropped my cell phone in the hallway and Brody was still laying in his crib (he does this when he doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning).

All of a sudden I hear from the other end of the hall, "You okay Mama??"  It's the one of the sweetest 3 words that come out of his mouth...and I love it. 


1 comment:

Tina said...

Awwww, what a sweetheart! :)