Friday, April 20, 2012

18 Weeks


How far along? 18 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: ~2lbs I actually haven't weighed myself yet this week though...
Maternity clothes? Great sale online this week, anxiously waiting for my clothes to arrive and heading to shop for more this weekend.  Also hoping it will warm up soon!
Sleep: Noticing sciatic pain at night, but luckily not enough to keep me from sleeping.  I'm still constantly exhausted.
Best moment this week: Sharing the big news with the world...and sharing it will one of my besties last weekend.  (Yes, I use the word bestie)
Food cravings: Nothing major.  Though the Toppersstix I had this week were amazing.
Gender: Another baby boy!!  I couldn't be more thrilled.  Brody has so much to teach his little brother and I know he's going to love having another boy around to play with.  And clearly, we make amazing little boys, so I can't wait to have a second one. 
Labor Signs: Surprisingly I've noticed braxton hicks contractions already.  Though, I never knew what they felt like last time, so I probably had them, but now that I know what it is, I've definitely noticed them. 
What I miss: My energy.  Could somebody send some extra energy my way?  Please?
What I am looking forward to: Nursery decorating, plus digging out all Brody's baby clothes.  He had so many adorable outfits that he barely wore.  I can't wait to use them again!  Then once I do that, I can see how much more I can buy without Jason yelling at me. 
Milestones: Since I didn't put it last week, the biggest milestone over the last two weeks was definitely the "It's a BOY!" moment. 
Differences between 1 & 2: Now that we know it's a boy and pretty much have settled on a name (to be shared shortly...), it's been so much fun talking to Brody about the baby.  He routinely gives his little brother hugs and kisses and talks to me about him.  It's obviously a very abstract concept for him, and he knows that his brother is "very little" and is going to be "sleeping" a little while longer before he can see him.  But I hope talking about him over and over will help Brody prepare more once the baby is here.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Cute post! I laughed when you talked about J not yelling at you for buying new clothes. :)