Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflecting back on pregnancy

Since all I can do these days is think about how I can't wait for my little guy to get here, I thought I would write down some of my thoughts about pregnancy and what I will or won't miss. Honestly, I don't think I will miss being pregnant. Many women tell me I will, but it's hard to imagine wanting Brody to be inside instead of outside in my arms.

What I think I might miss:
-Being warm. I have never had "hot flashes" or times where I'm sweating when everyone else is fine, but I believe this is because pre-pregnant Kellie is ALWAYS cold. In the last few months, I've noticed that I'm never cold. Even when Jason is cold, I am comfortable. It's nice.

-Feeling Brody kick. This is one thing that I don't really think I'll miss when I'm holding him in my arms. However, I do think I'll miss it a lot when I go back to work. It is nice that I can be sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden Brody decides to have a dance party. It makes me smile. When I'm at work after he's born, I know I will miss him greatly.

-Sending Jason out for ice cream. I know Jason will agree that I have been very tolerable in the sense that I haven't sent him out for cravings very often. But there have been those few occasions where I am craving custard & he's willingly run out & got some for me. He's always been a very attentive husband, but I can't justify sending him out for my every whim once the baby is here.

-Feeling confident. Today I know how to be a good wife, I know how to be a good doggie-mommy, I know how to take care of our house. I am good at my job and know how to be a financial analyst. I know I will be a good mom, but there is a lot that I will have to learn. Whenever I start something new (new job at work, move to a new city etc) I always go through an adjustment phase. I know there will be days where I cry & say I have no idea what I'm doing! But I'm up for the challenge.

What I think I won't miss:
-Pregnancy pains: Backaches, hip pain, pelvic pain, naseau, sleeplessness.

-Answering 20 questions: When are you due? How are you feeling? Boy or girl? Are you ready for him yet? Have you picked a name?

-Restricting what I eat. Since I plan to breastfeed, I still may have to limit certain food items. But I am pretty sure deli meat won't be one of them & I can finally have subs again!

-Having a huge stomach. However, I think this will also be something I miss. When you're pregnant, it's cute to have a belly. After pregnancy, I'm going to have some weight to work off and I'll probably just feel fat.

No comments: