Friday, January 15, 2010

40 Weeks

It's officially my due date. That wonderful date that everyone asks about for 9 months. The day is finally here, but my child is not. So here is my weekly recap. Hopefully it will be my last!


Weekly Checklist
How far along? 40 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 38ish lbs (at this point I really couldn't care less)
Maternity Clothes: When I actually get out of my pjs...I still have some maternity clothes that fit.
Sleep: Every other night.
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular, but I haven't been eating well at all. My theory is that I'll be in weight loss mode after Brody is here, so I might as well splurge now. (I know it's not healthy...but tell that to a 40 week hormonal pregnant woman.
What I am looking forward to: I doubt I even need to answer this. I want to meet my baby!!
Weekly wisdom: Next time I am pregnant, I'm going to ask my doctor to lie to me. Tell me my due date is at least one week later than it really is. Then I'm going to remind myself for 9 months, that a baby comes when it's ready to matter how many old wives tales you try to induce. So sit patiently and wait for him. We'll see if that really works with the next one.
Milestones: Reaching my due date. Also, working my last day until April. I will be taking vacation until my maternity leave kicks in when Brody is born. Hopefully he comes sooner than later, so I can save some of that vacation to spend with him!

No comments: