Monday, January 11, 2010

39 Week Appointment

Still no progress but at least this time I was mentally prepared for it. Nothing really seemed to change in the last week, so I was pretty sure that is what he would say.

Weight: + 2.5lbs (I really should be eating better but at this point, I just don't care - thus I'm gaining weight)
Blood Pressure: 114/68
Heartbeat: 145
Fundal Height: 38
Labor Progress: Nada
Questions: What do we do next?

Starting next Monday (3 days past my due date), I'll start doing a "Non-Stress Test" where they'll monitor how the baby's heartbeat reacts as he's moving. If he is still reacting well inside, then they won't try to induce sooner. Then we'll do one again on Thursday and if he's still not here & I am still not dialated, then the night of the 24th I will go in to start my induction process.

He did try reassuring me that the majority of women that go overdue end up delivering in the first week after the due date. I'm still hoping Brody understands that Mommy likes to be on time, and he'll show up by Friday! :)

1 comment:

Tina said...

I hope he's here on Friday, too!!! I went into labor the night of my due date, so maybe Aubrie & Brody are synching themselves already... ;)