Tuesday, January 5, 2010

38 Week Appointment -- Unsucessful

Yesterday was our 38 week appointment. I was truly hoping for good news that I was at least somewhat progressing towards labor. But no luck! We may be ready for him, but he's not ready.

Weight: + 1/2lb
Blood Pressure: 115/70
Heartbeat: 150ish? It was up to 175 at one point and then lowered down. Doc called it a "spike" which apparently is very healthy.
Fundal Height: This is where it gets interesting...last week it was 38.5, this week it was 37! He shrunk!?! So obviously we asked about it. He officially dropped. So now that he's lower in my pelvis, my stomach doesn't measure as big. Dropping is typical 2-4 weeks prior to labor for first time moms.
Labor Progress: None...zip...zero. Still effaced (he didn't give me a number) but not dialated at all.
Questions:
I've started having pelvic pain that feels like my bone is going to break in half and every step I take hurts. The only relief is sitting down, but the longer I sit, the more it hurts when I get up. So obviously I asked him about it. His reponse, "yep, that's normal!" He then explained that as my hips are expanding my pelvic bones are seperating & it can even feel like the pubic bone is split in half.

Unfortunately, hearing "it's normal and no there isn't really anything you can do about it" when you're in pain & miserable, isn't very helpful. But I guess it goes with the territory.

No comments: