Friday, December 18, 2009

36 Weeks




Weekly Checklist


How far along? 36 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 31 lbs? (my scale actually says less, but the evil Dr office scale always says more)
Maternity Clothes: I'm officially moving onto buying nursing clothes & am done buying maternity clothes. (That should make Jason happy)
Sleep: Is not going so well these days. My hips are expanding again (I thought they did that already?!?) and if I don't turn over frequently enough, then they get sore. Of course, turning over is like a 5 minute process by itself!!
Food Cravings: Bad food. I wished I craved green vegetables. But food combinations like peanut butter & chocolate seem more desirable to me. Maybe that's not just a pregnancy thing though...
What I miss: Sitting close to my desk. Sometimes I scoot my chair too close & end up with a desk digging into my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: Delivering this boy. I know it's premature to complain, I could easily have 4-5 weeks left. Plus in theory, I'd really like to wait until after the holidays for him to make his appearance. But honestly, I'm done feeling huge and uncomfortable. I really want to meet my son & can't wait to hold him. So if he wants to make an early appearance, I won't complain.
Weekly wisdom: Being a control freak & being pregnant doesn't go well together. There is very little you can control about labor & delivery and nothing you can control over the day your baby decides to make his appearance (with the exception of a scheduled c-section). I was nervous at first because we didn't have all the essentials for him. But now that we have the important stuff, I'm just nervous because he could decide to show up at anytime and I have no choice in the matter. I've also started having dreams about going into labor. All of this just makes it more stressful, so now I need to sit back and learn the art of patience and spontaneity. I'll let you know how that goes. :)
Milestones: Stretch marks. I'm not happy about it & don't want to talk about it.

No comments: