Wednesday, December 23, 2009

36 Week Doctor Appointment

We've offically started our weekly doctor appointments, which means we're nearing the end!

Weight: +0!! (Despite the Cinnabon I had right before hand)
Blood Pressure: 120/70
Heartbeat: 145
Fundal Height: 36
Baby's size: I had to ask him this week if he will estimate how big Brody will be when he's born. I have been told by several people that their doctor's estimates were completely off & some that were right on. But I'm a curious person, so I at least wanted to know what he thought.

So here's the consensus: He's probably already around 7lbs, and he estimated around 8 at birth. The only part that worries me is if he's late & grows a 1/2 lb a week like the doctor said he could. That would be a 9+ lb baby! Oh well, women do it all the time.

Labor Progress: This is the first week that he started doing internal exams to determine the progress towards labor. It is just an estimate and it's also not a strong indicator of how far away/close labor is. This is because I could dialate quickly or slowly. Some women remain 3-4cm dialated for weeks or go from 0-4cm in a few hours.

At this point, I am not dialated at all, but my cervix is 50% effaced (thinned out). The baby is definitely moving down & is head down. So he's getting ready to go.

Kick Counts: I have a sheet to start tracking the amount of times Brody moves. He's a pretty active little guy, so it's just important to make sure I take the time 2-3 times a day to notice if he's moving that day.

Next appointment: 1 week! Plus I'll be officially full-term!

No comments: