Friday, December 4, 2009

33 Weeks/34 Weeks

Month 8: Weeks 33-36
"Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month. " -Thebump.com


"Pregnancy Week 33-36: The next time you look into your17-inch computer screen, know that your baby is now that long." -hisboyscanswim.com


Weekly Checklist
How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I think it would be hilarious to try on something non-maternity right now...
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty good, but turning over in the middle of the night takes considerable more effort than before.
Food Cravings: I'm still waiting for that random pickle craving in the middle of the night or something!
What I miss: Where to start? Heels, belts, buttoning my winter jacket, squeezing into small spaces...
What I am looking forward to: Finishing all those last minute details so I can stop stressing. (Like what if I go into labor tomorrow & we still don't have a car seat?!?)
Weekly wisdom: I thought being 8 months pregnant in December would be a good thing because it's not in the dead heat of summer. What I forgot about is all the choas of the holidays. Buying baby gear during peak shopping season plus worrying about buying christmas gifts (we're almost done with that at least!), plus holiday parties and family celebrations makes for a very busy time. All of this going on when my body decides it needs more rest and I can't stay up past 9:30 anymore!! Lesson learned, February or March babies seem like the right answer. :)
Milestones: I've gone from "oh this is what heartburn feels like" to "hmm, I can't remember what it feels like to not have heartburn all day long"

1 comment:

Tina said...

I hear mom's who have heartburn have babies born with lots of hair...we'll see if that's true. Your "What I Miss" & wisdom sections made me laugh. :) You're almost there!