Monday, November 23, 2009

32 Week (Quickie)

A quick check-in this week since things are so busy for us right now.


Weekly Checklist
How far along? 32 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: still 27 according to my scale at home, we'll see what the OB office scale says...
Maternity Clothes: Some of my maternity shirts are getting a little short, not a good sign!
Sleep: Pretty good -- the pregnancy doesn't keep me up at night but my dog does.
Food Cravings: Cinnabon - I finally went and got one this week!
What I am looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery. It's getting very close, all the furniture is in and all of our wonderful presents have been put away. Now it's just time for final decorations and purchasing all the necessities that we don't have yet. Time to shop!
Weekly wisdom: Dogs are great practice for children. I know people don't like always like it when animals are compared to children, but there are a lot of similar skills to being a "doggie-mommy" and a "baby-mommy". This week we neutered our 4 year old dog, Cody. I worried about him all day long while at the vet (what if something happened during surgery?), when he came home and seemed to be in a little bit of pain, it made my heart break. Dogs can't tell you what's wrong when they're hurt either. Neither can babies. I assume i'll feel similarly helpless when Brody is sick for the first time. He's also keeping us up in the middle of the night right now because he's wearing a cone around his head that runs into everything when he moves around. I'm getting a glimpse of what it will be like to be awake half the night!
Milestones: Officially less than 2 months to go!

No comments: