Monday, November 9, 2009

30 Week Doctor Appointment

Today was my 30 week doctor appointment. Appointments are pretty quick now and I'll be there pretty often for the next 10 weeks.

The 30 week appointment is apparently the milestone of baby-swag. I was sent home with a travel bag, small diaper bag and tons of samples.

Weight: up 4 lbs for total gain of 27 lbs. Not ideal, but the doctor isn't worried.
Blood Pressure: 110/70
Heartbeat: 134
Fundal Height: 30.5 cm -- right on track (should be 30). This makes me less worried about having a big baby. But like I said last time, it's still early to tell.
Questions:
Not much to talk about this week. He asked about headaches and backaches, so I told them that both were getting better.

I told him that I started feeling braxton-hicks and he confirmed that it was what I was feeling. He told me to call if I was having real contractions that occur within 10 minutes of each other or cramping. Those are signs of pre-term labor, which I haven't felt either of yet.

Then they gave me the H1N1 vaccine. For some reason it hurt a lot more than the regular flu vaccine. I don't know if there really was a difference between the two or if the nurse I had last time was just better. My arm still hurts as I'm typing.

Next appointment in 2 weeks...

No comments: