Friday, November 6, 2009

30 Weeks


"Baby's now the size of a squash! As baby's skin smoothes out, his brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. He's also adding some brawn -- his grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger." Thebump.com

Weekly Checklist
How far along?
30 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 23lbs (I'm down a pound thanks to my soup & bread diet this week)
Maternity Clothes: Yep
Sleep: Constantly...but I think it's more related to being sick this week than the baby.
Food Cravings: Cheesecake & a spicy buffalo chicken sandwich. So J & I made plans to go to the Cheesecake Factory this weekend. Then my stomach started acting up -- so I think i'll have to wait until I'm eating solid foods before I attempt that meal!
What I miss: nothing in particular this week
What I am looking forward to: Hanging out with Brody. I realized Thursday night when Jason was at bowling that in a couple of months I won't have very many nights at home by myself anymore. I'm looking forward to it! (Remind me of this in about a year when I'm complaining about my lack of alone time)
Weekly wisdom: If you don't really want to know if your butt has gotten bigger during pregnancy, don't put on a pair of pre-pregnancy pants!! I didn't have any dress pants to wear to church on Sunday, so I figured I would just pull out a pair of pants that were slightly big before getting pregnant and use my bella-band to hold them up. Then I discovered they were a lot more tight on my butt/hips than before. Not a confidence booster!
Milestones: Braxton-hicks contractions. Really I just figured out what they were this week. They don't hurt and many women don't feel them. Supposedly some women can actually start having braxton-hicks as early as 6 weeks! I looked up the description & realized I had been experiencing them randomly, I just didn't know what it was.

No comments: