Sunday, September 20, 2009

23 Weeks

Fruit pictures and baby details are courtesy of thebump.com. Dad's pregnancy pictures courtesy of http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/dads-pregnancy-guide.


"Baby's now the size of a papaya! Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!."

Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs give or take (no additional gain this week, which surprised me)
Maternity Clothes: Yep!
Sleep: Sleeping well though I'm waking up once a night now. Not too bad
Food Cravings: Still on a golden oreo kick...have you tried the double stuff ones? Yummy!
Labor Signs: none
What I miss: Being able to shop in the normal size department. I walked through a huge misses department at Kohl's this week to the 4 or 5 maternity racks. It made me sad.
What I am looking forward to: Not really baby-related, but next week we're off to Minnesota with another couple to visit some really good friends. We don't get to see them very often and I've only been to their house once in 3 years, so I can't wait!
Weekly Wisdom: When you're pregnant, you really have to take what other people say with a grain of salt. Luckily for the most part, I haven't heard any comments that are too offensive (yet). But, the variety of comments that I've gotten on my baby bump at this point is funny. I've heard everything from "You're getting fat!" to "Wow, you're really small!" Then Jason informed me this week (in case I didn't already know) that "you're growing every day!" I informed him that it's really the baby thats growing.
Milestones: J felt the baby kick!

1 comment:

Katie Grigg said...

Can you feel the kicks in your back yet? Haha Jason.