Tuesday, July 21, 2009

14 Weeks



Fruit pictures and baby details courtesy of thebump.com.

Baby:

The baby is now the size of a lemon. Key activities this week are: thumb sucking, toe wiggling and making urine. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over his/her body for warmth.
Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 14 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 0
Maternity Clothes: I now own one pair of maternity jeans. They're great, but since I don't really have a bump yet, they don't stay up very well. So mostly I'm using my bella band and wearing pants that are a size bigger than my pre-pregnancy size.
Sleep: I'm still exhausted and therefore sleeping as much as possible. Aside from waking up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'm still sleeping well.
Best moment this week: Having the nausea subside. It isn't completely gone, but much better than it had been.
Food cravings: None really yet. I have become addicted to Flavor-Icees though.
Gender: TBD
Labor Signs: none
What I miss: Cousins Subs!! (I'm not allow to eat lunch meat due to possibility of listeria)
What I am looking forward to: Getting my energy back if it's ever going to happen...
Weekly Wisdom: "When mommy gets drunk, the baby gets drunk" -- This came from a baby book my health insurance company sent me. Jason made sure to read this to me and all the bad things that come from doing drugs while pregnant. Just thought I'd share for those who didn't know: drugs and alcohol are bad for baby! :)
Milestones: Beginning to wear maternity clothes.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm so jealous you haven't gained ANY weight yet! :)

Kellie said...

Trust me...it'll come. It's still early & I'm confident I won't be that lucky!

Besides, no matter what you say about weight, you look great!