Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Obsession with Dates

Okay, so I have a little obsession with dates.  Not the fruit.  But the day of the week, year etc.  In High School I notoriously could remember practically everything that happened on the date that it happened.  It was a little obsessive.

It's decreased over-time (though I really think it's my memory that decreased, not my obsession), so I couldn't tell you exactly what I was doing on Sept 19th last year.  Although, since it was a Monday, I'm going to guess that I was at work. 

So, clearly, since I have ZERO control over when this little man shows up, I obsess over dates.  When might his birthday occur?  Wouldn't it be great if he was born on xyz date?  and so on...

I'm actually surprised at how many dates in September we've felt some sort of connection to.  First it was:

Sept 9th - the date Jason & I were supposed to get married.  That is, until our reception hall decided to double-book us and we had to set a new date.  Our dating anniversary was also the 9th, so it had significance.

Then...
Sept 11th - why not have something happy on this tragic day?  It wasn't so much a wish for this date as it was that it would be wonderful to have something to celebrate on a day that brings so much saddness.

Sept 15th - Brody was due Jan 15th and born on Jan 20th.  So wouldn't it be funny if Aedan was born on the 15th when was due the 20th??

Sept 17th - same day of the month as Jason's birthday

Sept 20th - same day of the month as Brody's birthday (keep it simple kiddos!)  Not to mention he'd be born on his due date, he'd naturally be my favorite child for learning to be punctual early on. 

Sept 21st - 21 is Jason's favorite # (and I think his baseball # in high school)

Sept 27th - 27 is my favorite #, I was born on the 27th and I was a second child.  However...I will cry if he's 7 days late...so I really don't want him to be born on the 27th. 

Obviously, I can't control anything at this point.  So, since I'm sitting around waiting, I daydream about the day my little man will be born and a date that we will celebrate for the rest of our lives.  (Now I have TWO birthday parties to plan each year - woohoo!)

No comments: