Friday, September 21, 2012

40 Weeks

39 weeks 5 days
 
The weekly update I never really want to write.  But Aedan's due date has come and gone.  Honestly, from the beginning I never expected him to come early.  Brody was 5 days late, so I didn't think Aedan would be here sooner.  I'm glad I haven't felt ready for the last 4 weeks like I was the first time.  It made for less "waiting" time.
 
40 weeks
 
Total weight gain/loss: Up a couple pounds this week, 29 in total.
Maternity clothes:  Sweatpants and tank-tops from here on out!
Sleep: I've been up with contractions almost nightly for the last week.  So sleep has been a luxury when it comes.  Of course the contractions stop and aparently aren't actually doing anything.  So I'm just sleep unnecessarily sleep-deprived at this point.  But it's all part of the process right?
Best moment this week: Last day at work!  My mind wasn't working that well on 4 hours of sleep, so it's best for everyone that I'm done. 
Food cravings: Custard...but since I'm not eating it, I've just substituted it with other desserts.
Labor Signs: Lots of random contractions, but nothing that means anything.
What I miss: My body.  It takes me like 5 minutes to roll over in bed, I can't fit in tight spaces and my lap is nonexistent for my toddler to cuddle with.
What I am looking forward to: Baby snuggles
Milestones: Due-date!
Differences between 1&2: Everything.  Instead of laying around pampering myself the last couple of weeks of pregnancy, it's been about making sure Brody feels loved and secure.  It's actually been great because he helps keep my mind off the waiting.  And this time, instead of pampering me by doing things for me, Jason takes care of me by taking care of Brody more.  He lets me nap when Brody naps, sleep-in when I need to and do the heavy-lifting (literally) when we're out with Brody. 

No comments: