Thursday, May 24, 2012

23 Weeks


Instead of a bump picture, I'm posting our preview pic from our family pictures.  Amanda took a few maternity pictures, so once she gets them edited and sent over - I'll post more.

How far along? 23 weeks - time flies when you're having fun!

Total weight gain/loss: Not sure - didn't weigh myself this week. Can you tell I care a lot less about it this time around??  Honestly, I've barely eaten dinner twice this week and haven't had time for snacks at work because we're so busy - that I can't imagine I've gained much non-baby weight.

Maternity clothes: Ordered a swimsuit online and I look like a blimp.  So I need to find a new one in the next couple of days before we leave for our weekend at a waterpark!

Sleep: When Brody doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night, or when the dogs don't bark because we have our windows open and they heard some random noise - then I actually am sleeping okay.  But that might be because I'm so exhaused for all reasons mentioned above!

Best moment this week: Family pictures.  I never did maternity pictures with Brody and even though that wasn't the purpose of the pictures this week - it was nice to get a couple of Brody laying on my bump.  And in extra cuteness, when Mandi asked Brody to kiss my belly, he wanted to lift up my shirt or "open it" as he said.  Apparently kissing his baby brother through my shirt wasn't good enough for him. 
Food cravings: Still eating pop-tarts a lot this week. And thinking about heading back for a doughnut soon...something about sweet breakfast treats really get me craving I guess!

Gender: Boy oh boy.

Labor Signs: Nope

What I miss: So many things.  Really could have used a nice glass of wine last night...

What I am looking forward to: Spending my birthday weekend with my favorite 2.5 boys.

Milestones: Nothing major this week - Jason felt Aedan kick again which I love.  I was sitting across his lap with my big belly against his stomach and Aedan gave him a swift kick.  Clearly Jason was invading his space.

Differences between 1&2:  I never felt overwhelmed by the thought of having Brody.  Scared of labor - yes.  But I always knew that we were ready for a baby and would be a great family.  With Aedan, I'm not scared of physically delivering him, but instead about actually being a mom of 2.  Somedays Brody is a handful by himself, I am overwhelmed by the idea of dealing with a newborn on top of it!  I know it will be perfectly fine, but you know - overly emotional pregnant women can get worked up by this stuff!

No comments: