Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Drumroll please...

It's a BOY!



How we found out:

Overall, this pregnancy has been more stressful on me than the last.  On top of that/because of that, I haven't felt as connected to this baby has with Brody.  One night, during my exhaustion, I decided to start looking up places that do elective ultrasounds.  During my first pregnancy, I thought paying for an extra ultrasound was the dumbest thing ever.  Obviously this time around, I realized the value in doing one...

I did some research and made an appointment at the only place in our area that I could find.  They specifically do a gender determination ultrasound anytime after 16 weeks.  I scheduled ours for 16 weeks, 1 day.  I was really excited to find a way to connect with the baby, and on top of it, bring Brody with to see the baby.

We were lucky to get great pictures at the ultrasound and they were really nice and patient in getting him to the right position.  We even got several 3D pictures.  He was stubborn at first, but we got him in the right position eventually.  Originaly we were worried that we would be told the wrong gender and find out something different at the 20 week anatomy scan.  Then, we got a 3D shot of the "goods."  There is no denying it, it's a boy! 

Brody was very facinated at first, mostly watching what she was doing with the wand.  Kind of like, the "what are you doing to my mommy?"  Then he looked at the baby on the TV screen for a little bit while Jason pointed out his head, hands, etc.  He was mildly interested, but then had more fun running around the room.  This is exactly why we let him come to this ultrasound instead of one at the doctor's office.  These places are set up to accomodate other children and are understanding if he wants to run around the room.  It was a great experience.

No comments: