Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 4

Last pregnancy, I didn't start weekly check-ins until second trimester. This time, I am starting them early to allow myself to blog about it before I can actually tell anyone! I'm posting the entries after we've announced, obviously, but it's a good look back at the early weeks.



Weekly checklist:
How far along? 4 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +0 (I thought I gained a 1lb already, but was back down today, whew!)
Maternity clothes? Not for awhile, hopefully!
Sleep: Definitely getting tired already. I am not sure if it is because I cut down on caffeine significantly or because of the baby.
Best moment this week: Postive pregnancy test!
Food cravings: none, but I am hungrier already.
Gender: Here is what I wrote in my first check-in with Brody: "Won't know for awhile...but figure with Jason's family history, it's probably a boy!" I was right with Brody. This time, while it will be fun to have a girl, I know how much fun having a little man is, so I know it will be great either way!
Labor Signs: Hopefully none for a long time!
What I miss: Caffiene. No soda since the stick turned pink and cut down to 1 regular coffee a day or half caf espresso. Ideally, I'd cut it out completely, but I just don't know if I am capable.
What I am looking forward to: First OB appointment / first ultrasound. I'm hoping to get to see a gummy bear again around 8ish weeks!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm one very very lucky girl. While it's still too early to shout from the rooftops, I am so excited that we have another one on the way. I'm very very lucky that we didn't have to wait a long time with either pregnancies and I know that.
Milestones: Kicking off the beginning of a wonderfully long journey.

No comments: