Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sometimes I Forget...

To remember how lucky I am...

Between the naptime and bedtime struggles as well as a preview of "terrible twos"...Brody has been a little more stressful than usual. And with a long winter ahead with less and less time outside, I imagine we'll have plenty more stressful days ahead.
So yes, sometimes I need to remind myself...

The sleepy boy who refuses to take a nap is the same boy who loves to cuddle in the rocking chair and read books or sing a song.


The boy who can get frusterated to the point that he'll scream or cry is the same boy who says, "love you mama."


The high-energy toddler that loves to run around like crazy, pulling out everything onto the floor is the same toddler that will let you tickle him until he's laughing so hard you think he'll stop breathing. Then when you stop, he'll yell' "more!" because he loves to giggle.


He makes my heart melt on a regular basis with his love, smiles and personality. So -- when he's crying because I did something as simple as breaking a piece of bread in half instead of giving him the full slice -- I just need a simple reminder of how lucky I am to have him.

No comments: