Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When to expand

We get this question all the time. Are you ready for #2?? When are you having another baby!?!

I keep saying, we just had one - leave us alone! Then as 15 months is coming up, I am reminded that I was born when my sister was only 15 months old. 2 babies right now? I don't know how my parents did it. They're amazing.

But I'm more practical about my limitations. I was useless the first three months of my pregnancy falling asleep almost immediately after getting home from work. I know I won't have that luxury next time. Then I imagine myself 9 months pregnant trying to carry a toddler, or waking up in the middle of the night with a newborn, but still getting up early with a toddler. I am quickly reminded that I am just not ready yet.

But then, Jason and I will be watching a tv show with an adorable little baby and how quickly I forget about everything else. Babies are just so cute! How easily a cute little smile from a tiny baby can melt your heart...

But...no, we're not ready to expand yet. And no I don't know when we will be (or I should say, when I will be...Jason is probably already there). But we do know that there will be another one, someday.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So when are you going to have another baby??? Just kidding!

Nicole said...

I think now would be a perfect time! You can do it I know that you ARE Superwoman! Plus you are taking away from Brody's chance to have the upraising we did-simply by being only 15 months away from his sibling. Honestly I think about you and I...I can't even imagine Brody having a baby brother or sister right now.

Ok Ok-take your time. Just giving you a hard time :) xoxo