Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Photos


Back when Brody was around 6 weeks old, we did our first set of Family Photos. The 6 week ones were done at your typical portrait studio, 15 minutes of snapshots and then pressure to buy as many pictures as possible. I'm not really complaining because I loved the pictures they got of him and you can do it at a relatively low cost.
However, for his 6 month photos, we decided to go a different route. I came across a photographer via facebook who had done some adorable pictures of a 9 month-old girl who was the daughter of someone I volunteered in college with. I thought she did a really great job and contacted her about doing Brody's pictures.

Check out her blog & facebook site:
Sarah Jayne Photography

I really loved the idea of doing outside pictures and Sarah had a great place to do them. We met her there (about 45 minutes away) on a very warm, mosquito-ey (I know that's not a word), morning. Brody didn't sleep as well as we would have hoped on the long car-ride to meet her. So of course these would be red flags for disaster. But our Brody? Nah, he's so good at this stuff...or so I thought!

We started off on the grass, he didn't seem to like the feel of that too much, so we moved him onto a blanket. Sarah had this hilarious Cookie Monster toy which honestly made me laugh out loud, yet Brody reacted like this:

Then of course I was a mean mommy and put this adorable hat on him (which Jason hates by the way), and I got looks like this.


So...off went the hat. And I still got a look that said, "Mom, I'm sitting in a bucket, c'mon!"


But Sarah was patient, and spent over an hour photographing him while Jason & I tried to get him to smile as much as possible. When he doesn't have a camera in his face, he can't stop giggling. But that morning, he definitely wasn't in the mood.


All in all, she got a ton of great pictures along with some funny ones. My favorites are definitely the action shots, where not everyone is looking at the camera.

I'm very happy with the pictures and feel like our money was well spent. As part of her packages, we have the copyright release on the photos for printing as many as we want! And who wouldn't want a million pictures of this adorable little guy?

No comments: