Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm going to start sleeping with my camera

because I really wished I had it last night!

Brody has started sleeping on his side. We lay him on his back and about 20 minutes later he's on his side. This was one of the first signs that he's getting strong enough to move the way he wants.

Then, last night, I woke up in the middle of the night. Thanks to our really awesome video monitor, I peeked in on Brody. What did I see? An EMPTY crib! Or at least that's all the video camera could see. I dashed out of bed and ran to his nursery.

He was peacefully sleeping on the other half of the crib with his feet facing to the top of the bed and his head towards the bottom. I just sat there thinking, how the heck did he get like this?

Then, a couple hours later, I heard him. He was just making noise in his sleep, but I checked the monitor just in case. All of a sudden he looked like his head was towards the top of the crib. So I lay there in my sleepy state, thinking, "did he really turn around again? or was I imagining it a few hours ago?"

So I went into his room. He was now sideways in his crib! Then I realized I was looking at the monitor wrong, his head wasn't at the top, it was on the right side of the crib (it's hard to think straight at 3 am!)

This morning Jason and I were wishing our video monitor also recorded. It would have been hilarious to see how he managed to make his way around the crib last night.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Haha...it's really funny to see what position Aubrie wakes up in. :) Brody is getting so big already! Let's have a "triple date" again soon.