Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today was our first Mother's Day as a family. It ended up being a little bit of a Mother's Day weekend, due to family schedules. Friday night Brody brought home a picture of himself framed with a frame and a mat decorated with his handprints. His teachers at daycare had helped him put together the gift. It was adorable. And it explained why his hand was blue when he came home from daycare on Tuesday!
Saturday morning we had breakfast to celebrate with my Mom and my Nana. Also, my Papa, Aunt and sister joined us. I absolutely love going out for breakfast, so this was a nice treat for me.

Sunday we spent half the day as a family of 3 and the second half the day with Jason's family. In the morning, Brody and I spent a lot of time playing together, while I just enjoyed my baby boy. In honor of his mommy he wore his "bananas over mommy" onsie. That after noon His brother and sister-in-law were generous enough to host a barbeque. All in all it was a relaxing and fun day.Along with a latte from Starbucks for breakfast, Jason also brought home some beautiful daisies to brighten my day.Happy Mother's Day to all of my mothers and the many other beautiful moms out there. Here is a little sentiment from a Hallmark card given to me by my mother:

"Being a mother means knowing that whatever else you did or didn't do, you gave the world something beautiful"

2 comments:

Katie Grigg said...

Kel! You look so thin in that first picture! And I love the second picture, with Brody's little fingers holding onto the frame. You guys take the best pictures!

Jen said...

Love all the pictures - glad you had a great Mother's Day!