Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dinner out with a newborn

Our goal for Jason's last week at home was to try to get out of the house a bit each day. Since it was my sister Nicole's birthday on Monday, two of our outings were to celebrate her birthday. One of which required taking Brody out to dinner, by myself.

After spending most of the weeknights feeding Brody for a couple hours straight, by Thursday, I wasn't sure it would be feasible to take him out to dinner. Thursday is Jason's bowling night, so if I was going to go out, I would have to take him myself. Armed with a bottle of pumped milk in a cooler and a diaper bag stuffed with all the newborn necessities, I headed out.

The end result? A baby that slept the entire time! He barely opened his eyes the entire time we were at the restaurant. Taking a baby out to dinner by myself? Piece of cake!

Jason also wanted to take him out one night, so we decided to give it a try again Friday night. He was being a bit fussy before we left, so we figured we'd probably have to make dinner short, but wanted to give it a try anyway. We chose a family friendly restaurant close to home and set out armed with the same items as the night before.

The end result? A baby that slept the entire time! I'm now convinced that the combination of the car ride, the comfort of his carseat and the noise of the restaurant puts him to sleep.

It's still early in his life and he may become more difficult to take out, but so far so good!

1 comment:

MWGirl said...

That's what I like to hear...going out to dinner already. :)