Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brody is 2 weeks today




It's hard to believe but Brody is two weeks old already. The last two weeks have flown by and I can hardly believe how quickly he will grow up on me. He's already changed so much from the day we brought him home.

He's doing very well and at his check-up today his weight is up to 8lbs 9.5oz and he's 22.5 inches long. Babies lose weight after their born and ideally will get back their birth weight by two weeks. As you can see, he's not quite back to his 8lb 14oz birth weight, but he's heading in the right direction. He's eating like crazy and I think he'll get his weight up in no time.

We haven't set into a routine schedule yet, but the days fly by between feeding every 2 hours and trying to get a nap in every afternoon. We're now trying to get out of the house once a day, even for a short period. We went to the mall and walked Brody around for awhile on Monday. He really likes his stroller and car rides/walks put him to sleep.
Jason is still off of work and it's fantastic having someone around to help out. Right now Brody is sleeping on his Daddy's chest while I blog. Starting next week I'll definitely have my work cut out for me and will work on my one handed typing!

1 comment:

MWGirl said...

What a handsome little man.