Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My theory on "nesting"

Nesting -- It occurs to many pregnant women and is said to start around 5 months. When the urge increases around 40 weeks, it is seen as an impending sign of labor. I have another theory...

Nesting is a survival instinct when it occurs after 36 weeks. Sitting around waiting for your baby to make his/her appearance will in fact drive you crazy. So what else is there to do but clean the house? Then as you continue to clean, you'll find all those things that you can ignore on a daily basis but all of a sudden organizing them will become more appealing than sitting around over-analyzing every small pain.

Last night after 12 hours at work, I got home & started cleaning the house. Since this isn't my usual behavior, Jason automatically said, "you must be getting ready to go into labor!" Honestly, it's uncomfortable to sit on the couch, laying in bed is worse & doing nothing causes me to think too much about how much I want to go into labor! So the alternative: clean the house. Maybe tonight I'll organize the tupperware...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Haha-you can definetly be my friend if you organize your Tupperware! :) And last night I had a dream that you had Brody & I woke up thinking I really need to call J back to see if it was true! :) So soon!