Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Taking After Mommy Already

Now that Brody is getting bigger and taking over more of my belly, I've notice a new trait. He likes his space! Whenever anything pushes my stomach in, or rests on it, he starts moving around and kicks that part of my stomach.

When I lay on the couch and put the laptop against my stomach, he kicks it. When I sit at my desk, sometimes there isn't a lot of room between me and the desk, so he kicks the desk. When I was holding Aubrie at the hospital, naturally she was resting on the top of my stomach -- kick, kick!


Now, I totally get this. I love my personal space. In fact, Jason learned very early on in our friendship that if wants to get on my nerves, he can just stand in my "bubble" for no reason. Don't get me wrong, I love cuddling, hugs and being close to those I love. Just not all the time! :)


I'm sure he'll love cuddling with his Mommy, but if eventually he just needs his bubble back, I get it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

G loves to hear stories about how he kicked the remote control off my belly. He thinks it is quite amusing!