Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aubrie Kendall

I wrote a few weeks ago about our friend Tina who was expecting her little girl. She's here! Tina delivered 7lb 7oz Aubrie Kendall on Tuesday afternoon. She kept us posted when she went into the hospital and when Aubrie was born. We were able to meet Aubrie on Wednesday.

Tina sounded fantastic after delivery and looked great when we saw her the next day. Aubrie was a bundle of joy who slept almost the entire time we were there, despite the background noise. I was lucky enough to hold her for awhile and there really is nothing as sweet. She's teeny tiny and adorable. The family is now home, healthy and sounds like everyone is adjusting well!

Of course this brought me out of my 2nd trimester denial. I will too be giving birth in a few months. Tina handled it all like a pro and already looks like an experienced mommy. I hope I will be able to do the same.

Seeing Tina hold her daughter is a great reminder that no matter how much I may complain somedays about the not-so-great parts of pregnancy, that there is a bundle of joy at the end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

MWGirl said...

Kelley,

You and Jay are going to be wonderful. (My mom even made a comment about it after we left and she doesn't know you two nearly as well.)

When your baby gets here, I'm going to love him to pieces too so don't be scared of my vicarious living through you all. :)

Happy final trimester.

PS: The password verification word is "dorksi" and that makes me laugh.

MWGirl said...

OMG, I suck at life...

KELLIE.

Sorry, it's my Sunday morning blog checking time and I haven't had coffee yet.

Tina said...

Thanks for the sweet post, Kellie! Aubrie & I can't wait to meet Brody either. You will be a great mommy! Enjoy your last trimester as much as you can...now time starts to fly. :)