Tuesday, September 8, 2009

21 Weeks

Fruit pictures and baby details are courtesy of thebump.com
"Baby's now the size of a banana! Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).-Thebump.com




Or according to http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/dads-pregnancy-guide, the baby is about the size of a beer bottle! For those fathers sick of seeing fruit pictures, this blogger came up with items that were geared more towards Dads. Going forward I will also include these.



Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 11 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yep!
Sleep: Starting to sleep longer through the night without waking up to go to the bathroom...I'm guessing that won't last long.
Food Cravings: nothing weird
Labor Signs: none
What I miss: having a more extensive wardrobe. What I can wear out of my closet is shrinking considerably. I think I'll have to move out the too small stuff so I don't feel as bad.
What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery, the theme was pretty much a no-brainer since J is such a sports nut. But I picked out a bedding set that inspired me, so I can't wait to start pulling it all together.
Weekly Wisdom: I am lucky to have such a good husband. In another blog (http://expectingwords.com/) I found this week, there is a list of 5 things that women should "teach" the future father of their child. It's meant to be a helpful guide of things your husband will have to help out with more once the baby comes. J passed with flying colors. He either already does it or in the case of #5 is already expecting to take part in it. It's nice to have a partner at home.
(1. grocery shopping, 2. laundry, 3. teaching him where to find cleaning supplies & what to do with them, 4. what to buy at the drugstore, 5. show him how to use a baby carrier)
Milestones: finding out it's a boy!!

1 comment:

Katie Grigg said...

What another great post! You know what would make this EVEN better.....weekly pictures of the growing bump!!!! Yes??!!???