Saturday, August 29, 2009

20 Weeks

Fruit pictures and baby details are courtesy of thebump.com

"Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe! Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch." -Thebump.com


Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 20 Weeks -- 1/2 way there!!
Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs
Maternity Clothes: No change - still need maternity pants and just some longer shirts. Now that fall seems to be creeping around the corner, I'll probably start building up some warmer tops to wear.
Sleep: The pillow method seems to be working great! However, J doesn't like that me and my pillows seem to have take over the bed!
Food Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary. But I'm definitely starting to feel like I'm eating more. I'm getting hungry very shortly after I've already eaten.
Labor Signs: none
What I miss: I am not a big alcohol drinker, but I can say I did miss it a little in the last couple of weeks. My oldest step-sister turned 21 last week and while I could buy her a shot, I couldn't join her. It's a tiny sacrafice though.
What I am looking forward to: J being able to feel the baby kick. Now that movement is becoming more and more noticeable to me, I want him to feel it as well. Oh yeah -- and seeing the baby again NEXT WEEK! Hopefully he/she will shows us the goods! :)
Weekly Wisdom: I've read that women bond with their babies differently and in different time-frames. For me, it was once I really started to feel the baby. Don't get me wrong, I've been excited since day 1 about this baby, however, in the last couple of weeks it's really hit me. I love the baby that is growing and moving around like crazy. It makes me happy everytime I feel movement because I know he/she is awake and moving around. Some women fall in love the minute the know they're pregnant, for me I fell in love now that the baby gives me constant reminders that he/she is there.
Milestones: Hitting the 1/2 way mark. Only 20(ish) more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Halfway already! That went fast! :) I'm glad you're enjoying your pregnancy more and more each day...it's awesome, isn't it? :) I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

Mom said...

As a mom I have been in love with the whole process as well from the very moment I was told but hearing my daughter cross the threshold while feeling the little one really pulled me into all the feelings and memories. Espcially the pic's up north...bring back door cty memories!! Can't wait for next week's appt.!!