Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome!

I've decided to start a blog! I wasn't sure if I was the blog type but my good friend Katie is really the person who inspired me to give it a try.

The goal of this blog is to update family, friends and anyone who's interested on the progress of my pregnancy. Then next year, I'll be keeping everyone updated on the adventures of having a newborn. If nothing else, I will share this with our little one someday.

Backstory:
Jason and I have been married for almost 3 years and have been dating since 2001. We became friends sophomore year in high school and took the next step towards the end of our senior year. We've lived in 3 different cities since getting married, Kansas City, Cincinnati and Milwaukee.

While living in Cincinnati we adopted two adorable chocolate labs, Ben and Cody. Though not always perfect, they're really great dogs. They were originally raised by my Dad who did a great job training them.

We moved back to Milwaukee in 2008 to be closer to family. After becoming doggie-parents, moving close to family/friends and buying our 3rd home, we've decided it's a great time to have a baby!

Most Valuable Baby:
A slightly baseball themed name suggested by Jason. As most people know, he's a baseball nut. Regardless if we have a boy or girl, athletic or not, I know baseball will always be a family interest for us. Though I am not as big of a fan as Jason, I do love going to baseball games. Honestly though, I can say I probably like tailgating more than the game!

We couldn't be more excited about this baby. It will be a bit of an adventure for both of us, but we're both very ready to be parents. We also have a great support system of family and friends who will also take great care of this little one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for blogging. I hope you love writing for the Internet (and friends) as much as I do.

Tina said...

A baby blog - how fun! Great idea! Clearly I will be bookmarking your blog. :)

Nicole said...

YAY! I am excited to see you blogging about my new niece/nephew. I look forward to hearing all the updates. Love ya!

Jen said...

I'm looking forward to reading about all your baby adventures! Jen