Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spreading the news

After seeing the baby at the ultrasound we were ready to start sharing the news with our immediate family. We shared the news during our family Father's Day celebrations using a few different methods. Everything from great-grandpa or uncle cards, to a grandma and me picture frame.

My favorite item was a baby poem that I found online and gave to my brother and sister. It still makes me cry everytime I read it (which could just be the hormones).

I do not have a face to see
or put inside a frame
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands
nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come January
that's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new niece or newphew.
I can't wait til I meet you.
All I ask between now and then
is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait
because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now
is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
of this wonderful family.

No comments: