Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Second Dr Appointment

July 2nd:
We had our second appointment at the OB. It had been almost a month since we saw our little one, so naturally I was nervous again that the baby was still healthy and growing.

The appointment was pretty quick. My weight was finally up a pound (after losing weight previously), which my doc was happy to see. It probably had more to do with the chicken nuggest I ate on the way over, but oh well!

Then we went through Q&A, I didn't have very many questions this time which I think surprised him. Even though it's my first pregnancy, I've been doing a lot of reading and have been able to answer a lot of my own questions. Books I've read are: "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy." The Girlfriend's Guide I especially liked as it is very down to earth and funny.


Next he pulled out the fetal doppler again. Since he couldn't find the heartbeat last time, I was a little worried again. At almost 12 weeks, it's a lot more likely to hear via doppler. So after about 30 seconds, he found the heartbeat. It's much faster than my heartbeat, so it was easy to distinguish. The baby's rate came in around 170, similar to last time. He did have to keep moving the doppler though to keep track of the heartbeat, so it was cute to see that even at 12 weeks our little guy/girl was moving around.

No comments: