Monday, October 8, 2012

2 Weeks

2 Weeks Old
Aedan:
The very exciting life of a 2 week old.  Aedan is eating every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-3 1/2 hours at night.  He's a good sleeper right now, but I'm still waking him at night to eat until he's back to his birth weight.  His 2 week appointment is on Weds and I'm just praying that he's surpassed 9.5lbs so we can let him sleep on his own.  According to our home-scale this morning, he's actually over 10 lbs, but since it's not a very scientific way of weighing him, we'll see what the pediatrician says!

After eating every hour all evening the other night, I tried letting him wake on his own.  4 hours later he was still sleep and I felt bad, so I woke him up.  Of course once he'll be allowed to sleep as long as he wants, I'm sure he'll start waking every 3 hours.


This week, Aedan also got his newborn photos taken.  He did an awful job, but we had a great photographer who was very patient with him.  Once we get more pictures back, I'll blog about our experience.  Here is one that turned out pretty cute.
 

He's becoming more attentive, but still sleeps a lot during the day.  We've pulled out the playmat to give him some tummy-time when he is awake.  We've also introduced the swing, which he seems to like.  He watches the mobile above the swing, which I don't remember Brody paying any attention to until he was older.  It's pretty cute.






Brody:
He loves his baby brother.  It's clear that he realizes he's not getting as much attention as he used to and has been acting out a little more.  The good thing is, he's not taking it out on Aedan.  He still wants to hug him and give him kisses.  Our biggest argument about Aedan is when Brody gets mad that we won't let him carry his brother. 
Reading a book to his brother
Newborn photo shoot



Me:
Nothing much here.  I'm feeling well, just tired.  A couple of weeks of only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time, eventually catches up with you.  However, it's been fairly manageable and Jason is still being a huge help with Brody.  The weekends are easier to take naps because I know Jason is around to watch Aedan while I'm sleeping.  Even though he's sleeping, sometimes I still worry about him.  At least at night I'm getting 6-8 hours of sleep, even if it isn't consecutive sleep.


No comments: