Wednesday, September 12, 2012

We're Ready! (Finally)

I've blogged before that we haven't been as prepared as early as we were with Brody.  By 36-37 weeks we had everything ready to go and I sat around impatiently waiting for Brody to make his arrival.  With Aedan, I figured we had time, so why rush it?

A couple weeks ago, I got to the point where if I went in labor, I knew we'd be fine.  Jason would have to go home to do a few things while I was in the hospital, I wouldn't have had a hospital bag packed...but we had all the necessities, so we'd be fine.

Now?  I can actually say, we're officially ready!  About 8 days before Aedan's anticipated due date, I finally feel like we're ready.

Car seats - installed. 
Hospital bags - packed. 
Pack n play - mostly set-up. 
Nursery - stocked (with teeny tiny diapers!). 
Maternity leave plans put together at work.
Baptism date - tenatively planned. 
Eliminate dairy from diet - 1 week in.
Toddler potty-trained??  - Close.  We're getting there.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that when his world is turned upside-down, he doesn't regress.

Now, are we mentally prepared for this baby?  The jury is still out on that one.  But I don't think I'm ever going to be prepared for the challenges of two little boys.  I'm just praying that Aedan takes after his brother and is an awesome go-with-the-flow baby.  A girl can wish, right??

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm ready for him to come too! ;)