Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's the holiday season!

I LOVE Christmastime. I love it even more now that I have a little guy to share it with. Last year was fun as his first Christmas, and he was able to do a lot since he was almost 1 at that point. However, this year, I know he'll enjoy it a lot more and he understands a lot more.

We've been reading him the Christmas Story in his bible for awhile. But one of my proudest moments as a Mom (so far) was when my sister told me that Brody pointed out Jesus when they went to look at Christmas lights. It was one of those moments where you realize that what you teach them and tell them really sinks in! (He also calls the bible his Jesus-book...too cute)

Since we were on vacation for a week in December, it put me a bit behind on the Christmas spirit (though my shopping was basically done Thanksgiving weekend...woohoo!) So as soon as we got home, I kicked in the Christmas mode...

First up? Decorating Christmas cookies! A friend of ours bakes cookies with her 2 year old, and I've never really done that with Brody. So I though sugar cookies would be a perfect start.

He did a pretty good job putting on the icing...



Then he soon realized he could eat what he was decorating with and started licking the side of the sprinkles container (since frosting was all over it). He did a pretty good job though and loved eating his artwork!Next up? Santa Claus! Now, as I mentioned before, I was already behind on Christmas stuff...which included prepping Brody for the big Santa Claus visit. He freaked out last year...
So I probably should have been talking to him about it for at least a week ahead of time to get him excited. Instead, I really only gave him 1 days notice. He was so freaked out by Santa that I couldn't even attempt to put him on his lap. I've never seen him so scared in his life, so it wasn't worth making it worse. Get me outta here!!!


Daddy, help me!!



It went quick and then we were able to take some pictures of him in his cute outfit. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better!



1 comment:

Jen said...

Love his smile in the last photo! Such a cutie! One of these days, I want to meet him.

At least you tried with Santa. Don't think I have any baby pics of G with him. I didn't bother the first year or so.