Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

2011 was a great year for our family, but more than anything, it was the year without any major changes!! It felt good. (OK, Jason was promoted to VP and I was promoted to Manager, but I am not counting those as major changes since we stayed in the same jobs, just added responsibility)

I look back at our lives since we got engaged. Basically, Jason put the ring on my finger and we took off running:

*2005 - Engaged, graduated, moved to Kansas City, started a new job (also the year Jason and I got back together after a 1 year hiatus)

*2006 - Jason moved to Kansas City / started a new job, married, bought a house

*2007 - Sold our first house, moved to Cincinnati, adopted two doggies, Jason started a new job

*2008 - Sold our second house, moved back to Wisconsin, started new jobs

*2009 - Pregnant!! Bought our third house.

*2010 - Brody! A fun, but exhausting year...

*2011 - Time to breathe....

2011 really was the year of travel. I love vacations, big or small. I don't like to sit still, so getting out of town every chance we got, was really fun. We had big vacations (NYC & Punta Cana) and we had a ton of smaller vacations (Michigan, Indiana, Kansas, couple of Wisconsin getaways).

Without the big changes, 2011 was really a great year. It had it's ups and downs, but we really had fun and grew as a family this year. Taking Brody on a plane for the first time was probably the highlight of the year as well as an entire week with my husband and friends without children. While I love Brody to death, it's refreshing to spend a little time on ourselves.

I look forward to 2012 and everything that it will bring, hoping for an equally low-stress year.

But look at how far we've come...

Dec 2010

Summer 2011

December 2011

No comments: