Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why I blog

As anyone who actually still looks at this blog knows, I have barely written anything in the last few months. So I began reflecting on why I blog...



Well, it started as a way to document my pregnancy and then realized it's also a great way to keep family and friends (who I never have time to call on a regular basis) in the loop on Brody's development as a baby. He was changing daily, so it was nice to document it.


Now...Brody has gotten a little older and while he is still growing and changing at a rapid pace, it's not the same as the first year of his life. Some weeks, I don't have as many things to write as others. Then there are the weeks that I have a ton to write, but don't have the time to do it. Then when I find time, I forget some of the things I wanted to write about.


The other day I was browsing through older posts on my blog and looked at some pictures of Brody that don't seem so long ago. Yet, he looks so different today than even a couple of months ago. And I realized that I'm missing out on documenting his first summer as a toddler. And it's been a busy, adventurous summer!



So on that note, a preview of our 18 month professional photos (taken by McManigal Photography). Once again, she did a wonderful job capturing Brody and our family. These are only the first few that we've seen, but I expect the rest to be just as wonderful.



2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing Kellie. Unlike the college essay or work projects there are no requirements or deadlines for bloggiing so it gives you the freedom to write as little or as often as you want. It's great how you blog to document your pregnancy so you can look back in a few years and remember some great times. Blogs are PERFECT for sharing content with friends and family because everyone's lives are so busy. I recently launched www.whyiblog.com for bloggers to share their story and read about others. I would love to hear what you have to say, keep up the great blogging!

Jen said...

I'm glad you blog! Love reading your stories! Jealous of the trip to KC as well - I wish I could convince my family to move there!