Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Purchase Ever


There are a lot of silly purchases we've made since we found out Brody was on the way. But more often than not, we end up getting something that works out really well.


This past month we bought Brody a play kitchen. Winter seems to be never-ending in Wisconsin this year (though I'm truly hoping the 70 degree forecast for Sunday turns out to be accurate). All of us have been feeling a little stir crazy. So we need something else to play with in the house.


So a few coupons and my employee discount combined, we got this kitchen for steal. And it was worth every penny. Though I have to say, I end up finding pretend food scattered across the house. I found an orange in the bathtub tonight...the same orange that is in the bookshelf in the picture below.

Even tennis balls make their way into the play kitchen somedays. The best part is that I really think it will last for awhile as he gets older.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You will get so much use out of that. We just sold ours last fall to make way for a basketball hoop game...and my oldest was not happy with me. That would be the (at the time) eight year old. All three kids still played with it - not so much as a kitchen anymore but as part of more elaborate make-believe time.

But then they were OK when the basketball hoop arrived...

Nicole said...

I'm curious how many food pieces were included...there has to be about 100 pieces of plastic food. The sizzling burner is classic :) WAY TO GO!!!