Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Milk Drinker

As previously posted, we've had a lot of issues with dairy. What I'm not sure I mentioned, is that I had a similar allergy when I was a baby. So I did fully expect that Brody would grow out of it, as I did. So when it wasn't a quick shift at a year - I was a little dissapointed.

After a month of very, very, slowly introducing whole milk (by mixing it with soy formula), he was finally able to drink an entire cup of milk. Now, several weeks later and he's doing such a great job of drinking his milk. He's even drinking more at each meal than when we were mixing it (not surprising -- I'm sure the formula/milk combo tasted awful!)

The number one thing that Brody continues to teach me everyday, is patience. We're very lucky to have an overall healthy, sweet, smart, adorable little man. The rest is just details...

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY, Brody!

Personally, I am still working on the patience...but the kids have certainly gotten me to improve!