Monday, November 15, 2010

Talking

Brody can say "mama" and "dada" and "baba" and "lalalalala." However, none of those things actually seem to mean anything to him, except that they are fun sounds he can make with his mouth. Until now...

I'm now convinced that Brody thinks "Mama" = "More food now!" We hear it the most when he's in his high chair waiting for food. And when he's especially hungry he starts saying it more frequently and more urgently. "MAMAMAMA!"

Then it stops when I walk over to him with his food. Therefore Mama = Food.

Jason tried reassuring me the other night by reminding me that when Brody wants out of his crib, he will occasionally say "mama" as well. So he's convinced that Brody just knows who will give him what he wants.
I can't complain though...there aren't a lot of "dadas" flying out of his mouth. :)

No comments: