Monday, March 1, 2010

Brody's Baptism

Jason and I come from different religious backgrounds (him Lutheran, me Catholic), so we put a lot of thought into which church we're going to have our son grow up in. A few months before he was born we decided on a Lutheran Church that we were both happy with. This past Sunday we had him baptized there.


The entire event, at the church and the celebration afterwards, caused me a bit of stress for weeks ahead of time. We are very lucky to have large families that are involved in our lives. Therefore the guest list ended up at almost 50 people. This is more people than we have ever had inside our house at one time. Plus, I worried that everyone wouldn't get a spot in the church. My sister and husband reassured me that it would all work itself out.

I'm happy to report that the entire day seemed to go great. By the time we got to the church I had relaxed, since there was nothing more I could do to prepare at this point. I was able to enjoy the baptism and what it meant for Brody to join the Church. We asked my older sister and Jason's older brother to be godparents and it was nice to have them standing by our side.


Then afterwards it was time to celebrate! We all headed to our house for some lunch and cake. There were several family members that hadn't met Brody yet, so it was a great time for them to hold him. He was definitely the man of the hour and a crowd-pleaser. Brody handled being passed around like an angel. He loved being able to take in all the new faces and was very happy all day. Here is a picture of him with my aunt, which is pretty much how pleasant he was all day.



The other great part of the day was getting together the 5 generations in Jason's family. He is lucky enough to still have living great-grandmothers. So on Sunday, Brody was able to meet his great-great grandmother and his great-grandmother on Jason's mother's side of the family. (Notice all the men in the family? We were destined to have a son!)


I also want to mention that we couldn't have had such a great day without our wonderful family! We had so much help, from getting the house ready, to bringing food, to helping host. Thanks to everyone's help we were able to enjoy the day.



No comments: