Thursday, March 25, 2010

Brody is 9 weeks

Brody turned 9 weeks old yesterday! He's almost 12 lbs and is two feet tall. He becoming more independent and will let you know if you're not holding him just the way he likes. He's still a very calm baby though and rarely does any real crying, except the night of his 2 month shots.

He's still sleeping great! We actually have had a couple 11 hour nights. There are still some nights where he'll wake up after 5-6 hours but usually he just needs comfort to go back to sleep. He rarely needs to eat in the middle of the night anymore. This will be great if he keeps it up when I return to work.

We love playtime and Brody is constantly smiling. He hasn't rolled over yet and doesn't really like tummy-time, but we just do it for short periods of time. He's already very self sufficient and will play by himself. In the instances where I need to clean up the house or take a shower, even if he's not napping, I can put him in his pack n play or on his playmat. He'll play by himself, kicking his legs and arms and staring at the ceiling or his toys. Of course he doesn't get much self-play time since I know my time with him is limited. So I'm taking every chance I get to play with him and hold him.

No comments: