Tuesday, October 6, 2009

25 Weeks


"13 inch boot? You know what they say… Your baby is about this long during these weeks." -http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/
"Baby's now the size of an eggplant! That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down." -Thebump.com


Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs give or take
Maternity Clothes: Yep!
Sleep: Same
Food Cravings: Anything that's bad for me :)
Labor Signs: none
What I miss: Being comfortable. Yes I realize this whine is a bit premature - I'm only going to get bigger. But the long car ride to MN would have been much easier if my back didn't hurt from sitting for so long! Oh well...
What I am looking forward to: Painting the nursery (I've already posted pics but I'm a few days late in posting my weekly check-in)
Weekly Wisdom: The grass is always greener... While shopping at the Mall of America with friends, we stopped in the American Girls store. I had a doll when I was growing up and I am amazed at how huge of a phenomenon it has become. You can get your doll's hair done and even have lunch with your American Girl. This of course made me a little sad that I'm not having a little girl. I do recall whining a little bit after leaving the store.
It's times like these that I try to remind myself, that I was a little girl once. And when I don't get enough sleep, I'm REALLY cranky, and when I didn't get my way, I sometimes threw temper-tantrums. Girls can be a lot of fun, but I know they can be difficult as well. I know I will love my son as much as I would have loved a daughter. And it's only my first -- there will be more. :)
Milestones: The baby is moving around a lot more and a lot higher than previously. It's now a lot less of kicking/punching here & there and now I can actually just feel him moving around. He's a pretty active little guy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

My daughter is getting an American Girl doll this year...and I think I am almost as excited as she is. : )

Kellie said...

Ooh exciting! Do you know which one she is getting?