Friday, August 14, 2009

18 Weeks



Fruit pictures and baby details are courtesy of thebump.com
Baby: "Baby's now the size of a sweet potato! Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements." -Thebump.com

Weekly Checklist:
How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Last weekend's shopping spree was a success. I got 3 pairs of pants, a pair of capris and a shirt for like $70. Gotta love Kohl's discounts!! So this week i've worn maternity pants everyday except one. It's very comfortable.
Sleep: I'm still very tired all the time, but I found out this week that it might not be the pregnancy. Since becoming pregnant, the Dr discovered that I my thyroid isn't producing enough hormones (hypothyroidism -- I think). This can cause tiredness. I've been on medicine for it, but apparently it wasn't strong enough and he increased my dosage. So I'm hoping that works and I get a few weeks of energy!
Food Cravings: Nothing big this week. I am starting to get back to liking healthier food again, which is good. I had a dream last night about eating an orange...maybe that means I need to increase my fruits
Labor Signs: none What I miss: Sleeping on my back
What I am looking forward to: Vacation!! We're headed to Michigan next week with my Dad, Step-Mom, Sister, 4 step-sisters & step-sister's boyfriend. Come to think of it, this year women will outnumber men on this trip 7-3. It's usually a fun time & very nice to relax. It's not quite baby-related but hey, the little one needs a vacation too! I'm even more excited that next year we'll be bringing him or her on the trip with us.
Weekly Wisdom: As a pregnant woman, I should not be allowed to go to the grocery store by myself. For instance, I stopped Monday night to pick up chocolate milk and bagels/cream cheese. As I walked through the store looking for these items, I became easily side tracked. Oatmeal creme pies? In the cart... Ice cream? Sure, then I won't go to Culver's this week! Chocolate Covered Cheesecake -- on a stick? Why not? At least I didn't forget the milk and bagels. :)
Milestones: Nothing noteworthy. Though I do feel like I'm starting to look like I have a small baby bump. Jason tells me it's definitely a bump, but when I'm in public I think people look at me and think "Pregnant or fat?" Oh well! It will come soon enough.


No comments: